This is my first bumpdate of any sort, and I like the idea of having a record of what each week is like and the things that I want to remember.
I can’t believe we are at four months already! I only have till September, and I feel like I have a lot of things to do. I am happy the family knows so I can talk to them about it.
I think we may find out the gender in a couple weeks, and I am so excited.
• Strangers touched my belly for the first time this week. It was odd, but the two ladies asked permission first, which I would prefer. I would be freaked out if anyone reached out and grabbed my belly with no warning. When they asked, I was in my uniform and I had been talking to them for a while. They were so surprised that I was four months along.
• The bump is still a small bump. It’s bigger at the end of the day than at the beginning, but I think the pop is still in the future.
• I love pizza. I mean, the baby loves pizza. Whatever, we both love pizza.
• I am over yogurt, but I am supposed to get 70 g of protein a day, so yogurt is still on the table. Best vegetarian foods with max amount of protein? I face the protein struggle everyday.
• I usually have a huge sweet tooth, but this baby is all about the salty, comfort foods. All I want are tacos, mac and cheese, and occasionally yummy veggies.
• I am in the wonderful second trimester now where I can function relatively like a normal adult. First trimester exhaustion was hard to deal with. I don’t have too many symptoms right now besides being always hungry, but I found out that random faintness is a thing. I felt like I was about to pass out while putting on mascara the other day, so I took a bite of a Luna bar and laid on the couch and stuck my feet in the air and all seemed to be good again.
• My only gripe today is that I’m all out of apple sage veggie sausage, and I saw a picture that I took when I made it the other day. Now I want veggie sausage.
• My baby is the size of an avocado. There’s a little avocado living in my belly.
• The weather is gorgeous, even though it’s been up and down, lately. I enjoy walks, and my cats like hanging out outside.
I don’t want to think about how many weeks are left. I still have a registry to edit and another to start.
8 thoughts on “16 Weeks: Updates”
Eeeeeee look at that little tiny baby bump!!!! I would be freaked out with random people touching the belly. It's such a weird thing to me, I have never done that to anyone. Haha.
I love your little bump! How odd that strangers asked to touch your tummy… I don't think I'll be as cool with it someday as you are 🙂
I don't think I'd want anyone touching my belly! I am not good with strangers touching me, like hugs, shoulder squeezes, anything!
I definitely don't think that I could handle people wanting to touch my belly! Thank goodness they asked beforehand! And I think that whatever baby wants, baby should get! Eat all of that pizza!
baby Avo!!!! 🙂
Oh gosh – I struggle with getting in protein on a daily basis anyways, much less needing more. Are you allowed any protein powders? … hey, doesnt dark chocolate have protein? Just saying 😉
A baby that already likes pizza? My kinda baby 🙂
oh man, people touching your belly is weird. i don't want people touching mine. my friend had a shirt 'if you didn't put it in there, don't touch it'. lol. i am pretty sure tacos and mac and cheese have protein in them. lol.
Awww a little avocado!! 😛
Girl, I am always craving tacos and mac and cheese. I want some now that you mentioned it, lol. Your bump is so cute!
Omg, “bumpdate” is the cutest thing ever! I was about to give you protein suggestions and then I realized you know way more about food than I do and I'm not going to be suggesting anything you haven't thought about. I remember seeing in some post somewhere that you went vegetarian (vs vegan) for the pregnancy and I was going to tell you about my mom who was vegetarian and then started craving meat during her pregnancies. She fell off the wagon completely, but I'm surmising that different nutritional needs are a normal part of the process and good for you for listening to your body!
Something about pregnancy and babies makes strangers get so weird and entitled to invading other people's privacy! When my goddaughter was born, going out with her was like a magnet for random people's attention, incessant babbling, and criticism. “She's too young to be out” etc, etc.