This is my first bumpdate of any sort, and I like the idea of having a record of what each week is like and the things that I want to remember.
I can’t believe we are at four months already! I only have till September, and I feel like I have a lot of things to do. I am happy the family knows so I can talk to them about it.
I think we may find out the gender in a couple weeks, and I am so excited.
• Strangers touched my belly for the first time this week. It was odd, but the two ladies asked permission first, which I would prefer. I would be freaked out if anyone reached out and grabbed my belly with no warning. When they asked, I was in my uniform and I had been talking to them for a while. They were so surprised that I was four months along.
• The bump is still a small bump. It’s bigger at the end of the day than at the beginning, but I think the pop is still in the future.
• I love pizza. I mean, the baby loves pizza. Whatever, we both love pizza.
• I am over yogurt, but I am supposed to get 70 g of protein a day, so yogurt is still on the table. Best vegetarian foods with max amount of protein? I face the protein struggle everyday.
• I usually have a huge sweet tooth, but this baby is all about the salty, comfort foods. All I want are tacos, mac and cheese, and occasionally yummy veggies.
• I am in the wonderful second trimester now where I can function relatively like a normal adult. First trimester exhaustion was hard to deal with. I don’t have too many symptoms right now besides being always hungry, but I found out that random faintness is a thing. I felt like I was about to pass out while putting on mascara the other day, so I took a bite of a Luna bar and laid on the couch and stuck my feet in the air and all seemed to be good again.
• My only gripe today is that I’m all out of apple sage veggie sausage, and I saw a picture that I took when I made it the other day. Now I want veggie sausage.
• My baby is the size of an avocado. There’s a little avocado living in my belly.
• The weather is gorgeous, even though it’s been up and down, lately. I enjoy walks, and my cats like hanging out outside.
I don’t want to think about how many weeks are left. I still have a registry to edit and another to start.