Kirsten at Life in Kirsten’s Boots surprised me by nominating me for a Liebster Award. I thought, “Sweet!!!! What is a Liebster Award??”
As I found out, the Liebster Award is a sort of blog chain given to bloggers with under 200 followers to spread the word about new blogs. The nominee answers 11 questions and gives 11 random facts about themselves, and nominates bloggers of their choice to continue the cycle.
I’m going to skip the facts, because you and I both know we probably have limited attention spans.
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started taking pictures of myself in the mirror, and it turns out that’s a little weird if you don’t have a blog.
2. If you could only drink one thing for the rest of your life, excluding water, what would you choose?
Pibb Xtra or Dr. Pepper. I would probably develop some horrible health condition, such as my stomach falling out, but it would be delicious right before.
3. The same question as above, but choose a food.
Bread. I really freaking love bread. All types of bread – pretzels, sourdough rolls, bagels, toast, GIVE ALL THE BREADS TO ME.
4. What’s a weird habit that you have?
Whatever I’m eating, I save the best part for last. So, I save the middle of both cookies and sandwiches for the last bite, ’cause the middle is delicious.
5. What is the best book you’ve ever read and why?
OBVIOUSLY, HARRY FREAKING JAMES MAXIMUS SIRIUS GRINDELWALD POTTER. I read a lot growing up, and still do (sort of. okay, I am slow now. but DAMN george r. r. martin writes long books <3), but Harry Potter will always be the most memorable, and I can't wait to reread it and reread it!
6. What does your closet look like at this moment?
We have one ‘store everything’ closet, a dresser for him, and an Ikea wardrobe for my stuff. I need to clear out the stuff I don’t wear anymore, so I can go shopping for summer pieces.
7. What is a flower you think describes yourself and why?
Sunflower, because it’s furry in the middle and yellow on the outside. And I think they’re cool. All the other flowers are delicately waving in the wind, and the sunflower is there blasting AC/DC and saying, “F*** you, I’m a sunflower.”
8. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I like my name, and wouldn’t want to change it, but maybe Pocahontas. Just for a little bit, ’cause it would get annoying after a while.
9. If you believe that you should have received a letter to Hogwarts, what house would you have been sorted into?
Hufflepuff. Hufflepuff’s need love, too. Plus, badgers are no joke. They will cut a bitch. They will cut a bitch right in the face.
10. Celebrity crush?
Jennifer Lawrence. The more I hear about her, the more I love her. And the guy who played Four in Divergent. Rid-ic-u-loussss. I didn’t think I would like him, but I love that stone face.
11. What is the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
Where to start? There was that period of dreams right after I watched Jurassic Park when I was a kid. There was a T-rex in the damn trailer!! A T-rex can’t fit in a trailer?? Doesn’t matter in your dreams. YOU HAD ONE JOB, PHIL.
My questions for you:
1. If you were a dinosaur, which would you be?
2. Would you rather be able to fly or breathe underwater?
3. You have to defend yourself from a zombie horde with the closest item to you. What is your weapon?
4. What is your favorite TV show right now?
5. What is the last movie you saw?
6. You have to choose one wild animal as a pet. What do you pick?
7. Do you believe it’s true that if you hang your feet off the bed at night, the foot-eating monster will come and take them?
8. Are you a fan of naps?
9. What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon as a kid?
10. Are you a light or heavy sleeper?
11. When cars that can drive themselves are finally available, will you be getting one?